Biocellact Chamomilla BD is an extract of chamomile flowers. It was one of 8 finalists for Best Ingredients Award at Innovation Zone, In-Cosmetics 2011 at Milan, Italy.
The differentiation of keratinocytes from Transit-Amplifying (TA) stem cells is the target of Biocellact Chamomilla BD. How is this done?
The normal process of the production of keratinocytes is explained in the diagram below:
- The first TA-stem cell is born from stem cell or mother cell.
- TA-stem cells proliferate.
- Proliferated TA-stem cells are differentiated into normal keratinocytes. Keratinocytes are not proliferated.
The Effect of Environmental Stress on TA-Stem Cell and Resulting Skin Condition:
Due to environmental stresses that affect the skin and its functions, the proliferation of TA-stem cells decrease, more aged/stressed TA-stem cells are produced instead. This, in turn, causes lesser supply of differentiated keratinocytes. What do these all mean? There will be a delay of cell turnover in the skin resulting in dryness and wrinkles.
The protection of TA-stem cells from aging and stress is the function of Biocellact Chamomilla BD.
- Longevity effect on TA-stem cells: Based on studies conducted by Ichimaru, Biocellact Chamomilla BD prolongs the life span of TA-stem cells by about 20%.
- Anti-aging/anti-stress effect on TA-stem cells: Biocellact Chamomilla BD keeps TA-stem cells in vital condition.