EB-21 and GP-1 are highly effective gelling agents based on an amino acid, L-Glutamic Acid. They make nano size finer network in liquid oils and macroscopically make hard oil gels. There are no sensory changes to oil gels themselves since small amounts of EB-21 and GP-1 are needed to form gels.
- Oil gels are stable at high temperature.
- The sensory feeling of oil gels is same as oils themselves.
- small amount of EB-21 and GP-1 can make hard oil gels of cyclomethicone, mineral oil, etc.
- Oil gels can be melted at lower temperature
- Makeup products: lip losses, eye shadows, lipsticks, mascara
- Personal care products: stick-type deodorants/antiperspirants
- Hair care products: hair gels, hair waxes, hair creams