Actichem, together with its two major Japanese suppliers, Ichimaru Pharcos and Ajinomoto, sponsored a technical seminar at the ballroom of the plush Richmonde Hotel in Eastwood City on Tuesday, July 2. It was a whole-day affair for this first-time ever joint technical seminar. Both companies, Ichimaru and Ajinomoto, came fully armed ready to storm the function room with a deluge of the latest technical info on cosmetic active ingredients and power formulations for skin, hair, and personal care.
Ichimaru opened the seminar with their topic: The Perfect Whitening and went on to discuss in detail the biosynthesis of melanin, highlighting the three important stages where melanin synthesis can be controlled: dermis, epidermis, and stratum corneum. (It couldn’t get more exciting than this!). With their presentation packed with technical information of all things whitening, including the 5-step strategy (or approach) to recover the skin from pigmentation, everyone got their fill of premium whitening technology.
Ichimaru proceeded to discuss other fine skin whitening agents, their mechanisms of activity, and unparalleled benefits:
But the technical inundation didn’t end there. Towards the end of their presentation, Ichimaru unveiled their latest skin whitening offering: ABSORAGE and MANDARINCLEAR – emphasizing their main function which is to promote clarity, luminosity, and brightness in the stratum corneum level, with CUREPASSION working in the dermis level.
Ajinomoto was in no way to be left behind. Here, their presentation is outlined as follows:
- Cost-effective anionic surfactant for skin cleansing: presenting AMILITE GCK-12H & Amisoft ECS-22SB
- Ajidew NL-50 in cleansing formulations
- Video presentation: How to Make Foam (Chime in: I know this information to be very important as well as exciting).
- Amisoft HS-11P as Novel Emulsifier
- Gelatinization Agent
- Video presentation: How to Produce Solid Perfume and How to Make BB (blemish balm) cream – a highly concealing BB-type foundation which also provides UV protection. The smooth oil gel turns into powder on the skin, leaving non-oily silky soft feel. (Chime in: This is definitely a novel product that could bring raves in the Cosmetics Industry).
Another highlight of the seminar was the raffle draw; at stake was 32GB 5G iPod. And the winner is (drum roll 😀 ) ——
On behalf of Actichem Marketing Corporation, I would like to express our heartfelt gratitude to all who participated. A total of 37 attendees from different cosmetic manufacturing companies graced the event. We thank also our suppliers who co-sponsored the seminar, Ichimaru and Ajinomoto; to the presenters, Mr. Norihisa Kawai, Marketing & Advertising Manager, Ichimaru, and Mr. Yuji Usui, Chief, Foreign Trade Div., Ichimaru; Ms. Ooi Sok Koon, Product Manager, Ajinomoto, and Mr. Keitaro Saito, Sales & Marketing Manager, Ajinomoto – thank you and more power to all of you!
(For those who had missed the technical seminar, please contact Actichem or the technical rep assigned to you to request a copy of the technical presentation).